Government is meant to help us. Here is a list of just a FEW things our government provides:
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Social security
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Public libraries
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Highways/public transportation
- Emergency services (fire fighters, paramedics, police, etc.)
- Postal Service (USPS)
It is time people drop their adversarial attitude toward the institution of government. It is fair to be wary of those running government as they have often lied and mistreated us. It is foolish to reject government as a whole and say it is useless. Because without government you might be sold rancid meat and fake medications, a fire might burn your house down, our country would be attacked more often, and travel would be made more difficult.
Let’s all take time to appreciate what government does for us, and work to improve the system to benefit us. The whittling away of government will hurt us in the long run.